Terms and conditions for Grattan Street Press’s Flash Fiction Friday social media competition.
The promoter is Grattan Street Press whose registered office is at the University of Melbourne, Parkville, 3010 Victoria, Australia. The competition is open to residents of Australia aged 18 years and over, excluding employees of the University and students in the graduate programs of the School of Culture and Communication at the University of Melbourne and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via Grattan Street Press’s Instagram and Facebook accounts. Contestants can enter as many times as they wish. Closing date will be 11:59pm on the following Thursday after each individual post.
The competition will run weekly starting on Friday 26th March until Friday 23rd April and close on Thursday 29th April 2021. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted. No responsibility can be accepted by Grattan Street Press for entries not received for whatever reason.
The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
To enter the competition, contestants must submit a piece of short fiction between 150 and 2000 words to Grattan Street Press submittable under the ‘Flash Fiction Submissions’ option responding to the prompt provided by the ‘Flash Fiction Friday’ commissioning and social media team. Submissions must include the prompt as the header of the piece.
- Grattan Street Press reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- There will be one weekly winner for the duration of the competition (i.e. 5 winners in total). Each winner will receive as their prize a copy of Mer (Grattan Street Shorts, 2020, paperback). The prize is as stated, and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize is not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen by the flash fiction commissioning editors of Grattan Street Press.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or DM on Instagram/Facebook and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected/ is delivered.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Australian and Victorian law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the states of Victoria and Australia.
- The winner agrees to the use of their name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrant will be used solely in accordance with current Australian data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or any other Social Network. Entrants are providing their information to Grattan Street Press and not to any other party.
- Grattan Street Press shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such changes shall be effective immediately upon posting to the Grattan Street Press website.